Friday, February 27, 2009

Today's Column

Satsang Sunday

This coming Sunday, March 1, I will be giving satsang, at my house in Vermont, from 1 to 3. This is the first time I’ve ever done this, and I’m sure there’ll be rough spots. Maybe no one will come. Maybe there’ll be a mob! No one has told me to do this, or told me I’m ready, and I’ve asked myself why I’m doing it. Well, aside from the non-duality outlook – that nobody’s “doing” anything – I’m doing it because some one did it for me.

Byron Katie is my teacher, and she says the same thing that all teachers do: that it’s not about her, and that the way that realization came to her isn’t important. I’d say that too, except for one thing. I think that people who have awakening blossom around them are vulnerable to forgetting that they are the evidence that it’s real. What I can say, for anyone who wants to hear, is, “Yes. It is real. It’s here. Now.”

We are our stories, weaving in and out and on and on. What’s left of that if we open our attention into this moment, this immeasurable presence? There is no time in the Real, no space. Just this, and Thou Art This.

No comments:

Post a Comment