Saturday, March 20, 2010

Today's Column

What To Do?

So, what do I do now? Make an announcement? Issue a challenge? To who? Why not?

February 28, 2010 I met a man named Michael Walsh. He said that one way to remember who you always were was to “let go of the rope that’s dragging you through the shit.” That struck home. It was, in a funny way, very much like the impact of “Loving What Is.” I questioned him about it, said that it really appealed to me because it wasn’t about doing something, but about not doing something. He agreed. I acknowledged it was me that had to “do” it – let go. He agreed. And I did.

It’s taken a while to skid to a halt, to let all that crap that was rooster-tailing up around me to settle down. And it has. This is it.

No there, no that, no then. Just this. Tathata. Suchness.

Should I tell people? Should I make an announcement? I guess I am. There's no way to prove it. Most people wouldn’t see any difference. There is no difference. It always was this way. I’ve just stopped pretending. What’s the point?

Michael’s e-mail a few days later: samadhi is an extreme. Good point. Suchness just is. Samadhi is like a rubber band letting go after you’ve been pulling it back all your life. The snap back is quite a ride. Then it’s over. If it just went on like that you’d starve. Ramana almost did several times. His devotees had to force feed him. It would have been okay if he did starve. When he was dying his devotees asked him not to leave them, and he said, “Where would I go?”

Yesterday I had a strong realization that it is the emptiness that is alive.

Oh.
Well, that explains a lot.
Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment